Outreach and Marketing Coordinator
The In Series seeks a full time Outreach & Marketing Coordinator.
This position is 35% Outreach, 30% Marketing, 20% Patron Services, 15% Development.
This position functions as an integral part of the staff and as department liaison for communications related topics throughout the organization. This position requires an ambitious, highly motivated individual with a working knowledge of marketing and communications, as well as a profound interest in imagining and realizing community outreach initiatives. The position serves to develop and implement marketing, advertising, and social media strategies; and, along with the Artistic Staff, develop community engagement and/or educational outreach campaigns designed to promote and advance the company’s artistic and civic mission. There is a shared administrative responsibility with all staff. This position reports to the Managing Director and Artistic Director.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working along side the organization’s Artistic Director to create, develop and implement community engagement and education outreach events/programming, particularly expanding the organization’s reach into underserved at-risk or at-promise populations, through developing and maintaining relationships with partner organizations and producing outreach programming that nurture these relationships.
- Developing a Marketing Strategy Plan, including a Marketing Calendar, and implementing communications campaigns reflective of those established strategy goals.
- Maintaining and extending the digital footprint of the organization’s web-based communications strategies and initiatives, including and particularly increased leveraging of social media.
- Coordinating and delivering weekly and monthly email campaigns via ConstantContact as well as overseeing the digital communications operations of the entire organization (expanding and leveraging its network of “followers”).
- Creating and delivering marketing and press materials throughout the season, and serving as primary press liaison.
- Assisting with ticketing and event sales, and donation processing.
- Nurturing donor, patron, and subscriber relationships, and with staff support, addressing their needs.
- Developing and executing direct mailings to donors and ticket buyers.
- Identifying and assisting development initiatives to support outreach programs.
- Liaising with Managing and Artistic Directors to determine marketing, outreach, and event budgets, and manage adherence to that budge
- Coordinating and managing organization volunteers as ushers and front of house staff through an expanded vision of organization volunteerism as an outreach program.
- Maintaining databases of patrons, donors, and organizational partners, as well as ensuring prompt and appropriate acknowledgment of communications and gifts.
- Ability to engage creatively with the challenges of community arts outreach
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team, and under the direction of management
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and to take on various simultaneous responsibilities within a small arts non-profit
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in the related field of communications, fundraising, or arts management
- 2 to 3 years of experience in an office environment
- 2 to 3 years experience in outreach programming (particularly in underserved populations)
- Knowledge of opera, music, theater, arts programming
- Direct or indirect experience with grant writing and development strategies
About the Organization: The In Series is a small, non-profit arts presenting organization based in Washington DC dedicated to create innovative theatrical programming around a mostly classical music core of opera, cabaret and song, working with and for DC area artists. The In Series does not discriminate in hiring by race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity or orientation. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. For more information visit www.inseries.org
Start Date: September 1st, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application process: Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Electronic submissions only – no phone calls.
Deadline for submission is 5pm EST August 10th 2018.